Monday, April 18, 2011

Lil Leroy

<span>>>Li</span><span>
ttle Leroy came into the kitchen where his mother was making
>>dinner.
>>
>>His birthday was coming up and he thought this was a good time
>>to tell his mother what he wanted. "Mom, I want a bike for my
>>birthday."
>>
>>Little Leroy was a bit of a troublemaker.
>>He had gotten into trouble at school and at home.
>>Leroy's mother asked him if he thought he deserved to get a
>>bike for his birthday. Little Leroy, of course, thought he did.
>>
>>Leroy's mother, being a Christian woman, wanted him to reflect
>>on his behavior over the last year and write a letter to God and
>>tell him why he deserved a bike for his birthday
>>
>>Little Leroy stomped up the steps to his room and sat down to
>>write God a letter.
>>LETTER 1:
>>Dear God:
>>I have been a very good boy this year and I would like a bike
>>for my birthday. I want a red one.
>>Your friend,
>>Leroy
>>
>>Leroy knew this wasn't true.
>>He had not been a very good boy this year, so he tore up the
>>letter and started over.
>>
>>LETTER 2:
>>Dear God:
>>This is your friend Leroy.
>>I have been a pretty good boy this year, and I would like a red
>>bike for my birthday.
>> Thank you,
>>Leroy
>>
>>Leroy knew this wasn't true either. He tore up the letter and
>>started again.
>>
>>LETTER 3:
>>Dear God:
>>I have been an OK boy this year and I would really like a red
>>bike for my birthday.
>> Leroy
>>Leroy knew he could not send this letter to God either, so he
>>wrote another letter.
>>
>>LETTER 4:
>>Dear God:
>>I know I haven't been a good boy this year. I am very sorry.
>>I will be a good boy if you just send me a red bike for my
>>birthday.
>> Thank you,
>>Leroy
>> Leroy knew, even if it was true, this letter was not going to
>>get him a bike.
>>
>>By now, Leroy was very upset.
>>He went downstairs and told his mother he wanted to go to
>>church.
>> Leroy's mother thought her plan had worked because Leroy looked very
>>sad. "Just be home in time for dinner," his mother said.
>>
>> Leroy walked down the street to the church and up to the altar.
>> He looked around to see if anyone was there.
>>He picked up a statue of the Virgin Mary.
>>He slipped it under his shirt and ran out of the church, down
>>the street, into his house, and up to his room.
>>
>>He shut the door to his room and sat down with a piece of paper
>>and a pen.
>>
>>Leroy began to write his letter to God.
>>
>>LETTER 5:
>>I GOT YOUR MAMA.
>>
>>IF YOU WANT TO SEE HER AGAIN, SEND THE BIKE.</span><span> </span>

No comments:

Post a Comment